An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Cugini Trattoria Pizzeria

20 October 2010


After watching Julia Roberts stuff her face with pizza in Naples in the movie "Eat, Pray, Love", an enormous craving for a close-to-authentic (I'm in Singapore, I have to be realistic) pizza gripped me like a wild animal. Naturally, I found it cause to pamper myself, even more so when it was one of those weekends where I didn't have much work to be preoccupied with and had quite a bit of time to spare. I was looking for some place relatively quiet so that I could pour through my travel guides (where to? find out next post!), but at the same time needed the assurance that the food would be good - for all that I chose a familiar favourite - Cugini.


The pizza was wonderful. I was so surprised that this was baked with an electric oven that I had to ask the waitresses twice if this was really true. It sure tasted like it was fresh out of a wood-fired oven, with the pizza charred à la Italiano on its sides and a rustic-like aroma seducing senses. More amazing gastronomic memories of Italy came flooding back...


I had wanted to do a Julia and get the plain and simple Margherita pizza, as I did as well in Naples, but my love for the seafood pizza got the better of me. Squids, prawns and fish slices adorned the Mareggiata Pizza dutifully, but I thought it was delicious even on its own with the lovely melted cheese.


If this is the first time that you've heard of Cugini, well, here's something else that would charm you for sure - the Seafood Pasta. A signature and a crowd favourite, it's amazing that this remains off the menu. Read the full review here.


Craving well-satsfied. Now, it's time to build up a recent love for something... Asian. Stay tuned, that's coming up next!

Service
Excellent.

Price
$24++

Place
87 Club Street.

Pictures taken with the Apple iPhone 4.

3 Foodie Comments:

Wen said...

Surprise that iPhone 4 can take rather nice picture!

October 21, 2010 at 8:47 AM
*Harris said...

The one of the pasta is by my dslr, from a previous post. But yeap, the pizza pictures are from the iphone, not too bad quality right. Been reading your blog by the way, love it :)

October 21, 2010 at 10:42 AM
HungryTrotters said...

you went back to Cugini! :) The pizza really looked like from a wood-fired oven! I hope I would get a chance to visit Cugini (plus it's quiet and humble ambiance) this March :)

October 22, 2010 at 4:26 AM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.