An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Wendy's @ Lau Pa Sat

06 March 2010


So my friends who had went to the US for exchange were raving about how good the Wendy's there was, but I think the word "disappointment" would still be too mild to describe their visit to Singapore's first branch at Lau Pa Sat. But as they say, taste can be quite subjective, so I decided to head there for my first bite of Wendy's - the burger of course.


McDonald's, Carl's Junior, Burger King, KFC, MOS Burger, Long John Silver's - they all have the ubiquitous french fries. The only difference? All of them fare a hundred times better. The fries here meanwhile were darker, oilier and thinner. Eeks.


The burger moment. The tease of something grand with that shiny foil wrap. The smacking of lips. Those salivating seconds as you free your burger...


What. This is it? The patty looks (McDonald-ly) thin, and even drier than most burger patties that I've seen. In fact, it is drier, a not to mouth-watering affair surely. Requires huge gulps of coke to swallow it down. If I had to compare, I'd say give me Carl's Jr anytime.

Price
About $9 for an upsized meal. This post features the Double Stack burger.

Place
18 Raffles Quay, Lau Pa Sat Festival Market.

Pictures taken with the Canon EOS 500D.

5 Foodie Comments:

HungryTrotters said...

Indeed, the patties look dry. Did anybody had the chicken breast fillet? I'm craving for that. :D For burgers, I do agree I would still go for Carl's Jr.

March 7, 2010 at 12:13 AM
*Harris said...

Yeap, indeed for (fast-food) burgers Carl's would be a much better option. Do try Burger Bench & Bar at cine too!

We didn't have the chicken fillet one, but it's prob gonna be like the kfc zinger, judging by the looks of it...

March 7, 2010 at 12:32 AM
Daniel said...

Guess what? I was there for friday lunch and i totally agree with u.

Had the same stuffs as you, patty was so dry, i cant help but shake my head at the ironic adverts they hanging around, boasting fresh and juicy patties.

And my fries were bad too. Seems to be hanging on heating tray for too long.

The only reason I could think of was that I didnt go at peak hour, ie slow turnover, burger and fries were stale..

And it was until the point that I just have to eat Carls Junior for dinner today to feel a good fast food burger again. lolx

March 7, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Jer Lin said...

looks like i won't bother vising Wendy's...

March 7, 2010 at 10:42 AM
*Harris said...

Daniel: I was there at 11.45am, when the peak period was slowly but surely picking up. And yes, those ads on "juicy" burgers in store? Oh the irony!

Stargirl: You've been warned ;)

March 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.