An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Schokolart

09 February 2010


I've always wanted to try the cakes at Schokolart but somehow or another they always seem to be gone by mid-afternoon. If memory serves me correctly, the waitress told me that the cakes are delivered "fresh" from Malaysia twice daily, while hot desserts are made in-house at Orchard Central. When I finally did get to try their teatime set of a hot beverage and cake however, I was little impressed. They got my order for a caramel cake wrong and served me a Cappuccino one instead, but I was in a good mood that day and didn't want to waste the cake after already having a forkful of it. Thing is, this cake was all mousse and cream and just didn't have much of a taste to it. I tried to be fair and didn't mix it with the hot coffee, but that didn't help either.

While I didn't voice my displeasure at the taste/quality of the cake, I did inform the staff that they got my order wrong. The waitress was nice enough to apologise and went on to ask if the cake I had was any good. Sensing my hesitation, she immediately smiled and said, "Actually I like the cheese cakes much better, and the hot desserts".

Maybe next time. But a definite no to those moussey cakes.

Place
Orchard Central, #01-24/25.

Additional Comment
There's a newly opened "Jewels Artisan Chocolate" a floor above, right next to Burger King. They happen to sell delicious-looking chocolate tarts like the one I had at Laurent Bernard, but it comes at a higher price tag of about $10. If anyone has tried it, do let me know how it is :)

Pictures taken with the Canon EOS 500D.

0 Foodie Comments:

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.