An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Polar Puffs & Cakes

27 October 2009


So much work lately that it's hard to find time to blog. I still have a couple of posts waiting to be typed out but till then here's a short post on a cake that my parents bought for me recently: the Nutella cake. No it isn't my birthday (but if you really would like to know it's on March 25 -smiles-), I was just wondering how it would taste like and they got it for me. So sweet of them.


The Nutella cake definitely needs more "Nutella" flavour to it because otherwise it's just a basic and simple chocolate cake. It actually tastes just like the small, rectangular cake bars (featuring Sesame Street characters, for one) that Polar sells as well. I would certainly prefer the Coco Exotic over this, but if Polar would like a tip or two, here it is: 1) do something about the recipe because the sponge part gets a bit dry after a while, and 2) do a hard, biscuit-like base for an added texture.

Price
About $22.

Place
For venues, click here.

5 Foodie Comments:

SistaFood said...

haha..seems like nutella is not suitable for baking! Next time just eat straight from the jar. haha

October 27, 2009 at 9:29 AM
*Harris said...

Haha... I have a big jar just in the kitchen ;)

But I have to watch my diet... Had a couple of heartburn incidents. Man, food blogger with heartburn...

October 27, 2009 at 1:48 PM
SistaFood said...

A: haha..Same here. Belching and heart burn. Food is the culprit. But I just can't stop eating! LOL

October 28, 2009 at 8:41 AM
Sparklette said...

Your parents are so wonderful :)

My favorite cake from Polar is the Fairlady (if I remember the name correctly). It has white chocolate shavings all over it and layers of white chocolate sponge cake. Light and not cloyingly sweet.

Hmm I think I'll do a post on that soon. Your review has inspired me :)

October 29, 2009 at 1:17 AM
*Harris said...

Angeline: Better take care girl! :)

Veron: Yes they are, I'm especially pampered too :)

I did not see the "Fairlady" around, so I'll be looking forward to your post on that. The Nutella cake was just okayyyy, so I'm looking forward to see how the Fairlady redeems Polar.

I realised you used "cloyingly sweet", once a conflictual word indeed haha! (At least we're not going boomz or shingz...)

October 29, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.