An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Tampopo

23 June 2009


I like it when my friends have great suggestions on where and what to eat because it shows that we share a common interest in food. It's even more heartening when they go on to say things like, "Here's a good place for your blog!" because it shows that they care about this humble little blog and want to be a part of it, no matter how big or small. In this post, thanks must go to the best friend for her great recommendation on Tampopo.

Stone Grilled Beef Curry: 4.75/5


This has got to be the best Japanese curry that I've tasted so far. I think it's the way the thick, sweet and slightly spicy curry gravy managed to gel so well with the cheese, which I have to add was baked to perfection. I can still remember the aroma of the curry as it was put before me and the way it got me soooo hungry and ready to eat.


The potatoes were soft enough for babies to chew on (then again, don't try this since they'd probably start screaming from the curry) while the beef chunks were, for most parts, stewed to a satisfactory tender level. The stone-grilled bowl kept the dish warm for a pretty long time (considering that we were spending a lot of time talking) but I'm not complaining because it only means that I got to savour every delicious spoonful of it.

Crabmeat Porridge


The best friend was curious about how this would turn out, and it didn't look exactly promising when it arrived. Until she did this:


Crabmeat, eggs and mushrooms were out in quite generous portions in this dish, but I have to admit it that I'm not much of a porridge person and this definitely couldn't compare to my beef curry. The best friend did mention that the broth was very good and I agree. Kinda reminds me of shark fin's soup actually.

Service
Very prompt and attentive.

Price
$15.30 for the stone-grilled beef curry
$13.50 for the crabmeat porridge

* Prices subject to the usual 7% GST and 10% service charge.

Place
Liang Court Shopping Centre, #B1-50.

0 Foodie Comments:

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.