An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Icekimo

22 February 2009


Yes, I find it amazing too. Me and Daphne's third ice-cream dessert in three days. Udders, Pluck, and now Icekimo. I was driving towards Hooked on Heads when she spotted this, and I put on a (very) weak and fleeting objection about us eating ice-cream again. Ice-cream (and chocolate) is something I don't think I can ever say no to.


Pretty girly layout of the stall if you ask me, but somehow or another it does exude a type of lively and cosy feeling at the same time. Business is good too, with a lot of youths coming in for takeways.


There's banana splits, waffle bowls, waffles, fondue, as well as a large but most enticing looking 6 (or 8)-scoop and 4 (or 6)-topping tub called the Iceberg. If I had a high metabolic rate, I would have had the large Iceberg I'm sure.

Dino Milo and Horlicks (with Maltesers) Ice-Cream on Waffles: 8/10


Ah, sinful looking indeed, but it was heavenly. I liked the thick chocolatey taste of the milo ice-cream, and the horlicks one wasn't too bad as well, but would have done better if there were more maltesers bits in it! We counted only around four broken parts, which would add up to a single one haha. We would have preferred the waffles a tad more crisp though, but otherwise it was alright.

Service
Friendly, they serve the ice-cream to your table if you're eating in.

Price
$4.20 for double scoops,
$2.00 for the waffles.

A bit pricey on the waffle bit actually, since the waffle bowl would only cost $0.50. I wonder if they got the amount right.

Place

6 Foodie Comments:

Pearl said...

what a cute business card!

February 22, 2009 at 7:40 PM
*Harris said...

yeah it is =)

February 25, 2009 at 3:27 PM
bossacafez said...

hello there, i've been wanting to try icekimo after seeing the review on this month's food & travel mag :p

nice blog btw =)

February 28, 2009 at 12:20 PM
*Harris said...

hey evan thanks for dropping by! i still prefer udders and b&j's to icekimo, but if you're there, why not go for the "iceberg" of 6 scoops and 4 toppings ;) not too many unique flavours there, which explains why i settled with milo and horlicks.

and i saw you made your own ispahans. WOW!

February 28, 2009 at 12:49 PM
bossacafez said...

hi harris, thx for yr recommendation but 6 scoops is abit too much! i hv a direct bus there so most probably i'll just be going alone to try out 1 or 2 flavors :p

hv yet to try udders and for b&j's, i love the cherry garcia. anyway i'm kinda attracted to icekimo coz the shop's pink, my favorite color haha.

and yea, i made my own ispahans, many times already =) do u cook or bake?

March 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM
*Harris said...

hey evan, you should try chocolate chip cookie dough. all-time happiness therapy haha.

I don't cook or bake, but my mother does both of them very well heh. My my, you have quite a flair with your hands though, seeing the shephard's pie makes my mouth water!!!

Oh eh, bossa nova on your site is awesome stuff ;)

March 1, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.