An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Mr Obanyaki

07 December 2008


Don't ask me who is Mr Obanyaki, I have no idea! Haha. I used to eat these little pastry fishes when I was much younger, and it has fillings like chocolate, red bean and cheese. The "fish" is made of butter and flour, quite like the soft pancakes you find at Jollibean and Mr Bean, only its a bit crispier on the outside.

Red Bean "Fish" Pancake: 7/10


This would really have been much better if it was warmer and crispier. And if I could add, the fish could do with a makeover and look more... appetising. Or cute. Or pretty. This looks dull and quite sad instead heh. Put a smile onto it!


Oh, there goes the head haha. I ordered the one with red bean filling, and I have to say it isn't too bad. So the only letdown was the outer "skin" which really should be crisp rather than rubbery.

Price
$1.20-$1.40

Place
Takashimaya Ngee Ann City, Basement Food Hall.

2 Foodie Comments:

Pearl said...

your song on your blog makes me smile. it's weird, though - i've heard it so many times on the radio that i now tend to tune away to another radio station when it's on, but i like it on your blog! :)

December 7, 2008 at 4:50 PM
*Harris said...

Awwww... Thanks, I like the song too!

I think the song makes happy people happier. Maybe you're feeling happy too? =)

December 8, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.