An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Qi Ji

17 May 2008



I've always wanted to eat at Qi Ji for quite some time already, but somehow Daphne was usually not in the mood for nasi lemak for either lunch or dinner. This time, when she already had lunch at home, I figured it was the best chance for me to have lunch at Qi Ji. She was staring at me, at the boards, and at people throughout lunch, and then after our movie, asked if we could have dinner there haha. So cute la. I was completely fine with that, and ate the exact same thing as I ate for lunch.

Nasi Lemak Set 3: 7.7/10


I chose this set because I wanted the chicken wing and not the little fried fish, and I wanted otah too. The rice wasn't too moist nor was it too dry, while the sambal was so spicy! I still like it quite a lot (which explains why I didn't mind eating it twice within a few hours) and oh yes, the peanuts and anchovies are very crispy too, which makes it all the more yummylicious.

Laksa: 7/10


Daphne misses her laksa so she ordered this. She liked it spicy, though I felt that it had a slightly bit more curry flavour to it than laksa. I'm very discerning when it comes to laksa, trust me. You can tell from the colour too. I prefer mine with a reddish hue rather than the curry orange.

Ice Lemon Tea: 4/10
Iced Milk Tea: 8.3/10


They didn't have thai iced tea haha, so I settled back for Singapore's teh peng! Very thick, sweet and good, though Daphne found her ice lemon tea to be too sour with an odd after taste. Iced tea yums!

Service
Fast.

Price
Around $3.50 each.
Some other combinations of Nasi Lemak could go up to $4.80, if you choose ingredients like chicken cutlet or fried fish tempura.

Place
Marina Square
Level One #01-06
Also available: Marina Square Food Loft

Additional Comments
1. Certified Halal.
2. You should try the Mee Rebus and Popiah which are pretty popular here.

2 Foodie Comments:

red fir said...

Feel like nasi lemak...

February 9, 2010 at 11:20 PM
*Harris said...

hungry eh? ;)

February 10, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.