An Introduction

An Introduction
The Simplest Aphrodisiac

Flavours of the Month

Flavours of the Month
Rocks Urban Grill & Bar

Overseas Trips

Overseas Trips
The Reason to Travel

The A List

The A List
Featuring the Best

Bangkok: Tesco Lotus Food Court

16 May 2008

On checking, I realise there's a lot of Tesco Lotus complexes in Bangkok, but this one I'm talking about is a 5min drive from The Platinum Fashion Mall or The Twin Towers Hotel, where I stayed. The food court is situated on the second level, and on the first it has KFC, Swensens, Auntie Anne's, Fuji Japanese Restaurant, Hachiban Ramen, etc etc.

Instead of coupons like in MBK, here you use plastic cards somewhat like Marche in Singapore. Unused value is refundable.

More than half of the signboards here are in Thai only, so you can imagine how all of us headed straight for the couple of stalls that had English menus. We went to the two stalls on the extreme left of the food court, just next to a card counter.

Chicken Fried Rice: 7/10


They didn't have anymore crabmeat, so I went for chicken. I use the "mai moo" phrase all the time, indicating I didn't want pork, and thankfully, they understood it all the time. The fried rice was alright, not too bad.

Phad Thai: 7.7/10


Daphne had this, it was pretty tasty. One of the better phad thais indeed.

Pineapple Fried Rice


No ratings for this because I didn't try it.

Crispy Noodles with Pork


No ratings for this because I didn't try it.

Thai Iced Tea: 8/10


This is like water to me in Bangkok. Awesome tea man. The best is at MBK Food Centre, while Chatuchak Weekend Market has plenty of stals selling too. Another staple drink for me was the iced milo or iced ovaltine in the 500ml bottles sold at supermarkets, at the refrigerated milk section. The thought of all these lovely sweet drinks make me miss them so much!

Service
Good and smiley.

Price
About 60baht for each of the fried rice and phad thai.

Place
Tesco Lotus Level Two.

0 Foodie Comments:

Post a Comment

 

2009 ·*the simplest aphrodisiac by TNB | Official Singapore Food Blog.